Banana bread is something we ate quite a bit of in my house growing up. In addition to the citrus trees we had in our yard, we also had a few banana trees that meant we incorporated bananas into many of our meals. I decided to create my own paleo twist on the banana bread I remember as a kid.
2 C almond meal
1/4 C maple sugar
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 C maple syrup
3 ripe bananas, 2 mashed + 1 sliced in half
2 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a food processor, add mashed bananas, almond meal, eggs, maple sugar, maple syrup, baking soda and cinnamon
- Pulse all the ingredients in the food processor until the batter is smooth
- In a greased bread loaf (I also lined with parchment paper), place the banana you sliced in half face down in the pan
- Pour the batter slowly over the bananas in the loaf pan
- Bake for 50 minutes — until a toothpick comes out clean
- Cool, slice & enjoy!